A hasty post for you. I've been a bit busy. But when you're busy, super fast dinners like this one are a good thing.
I serve it with those noodles that cook by standing in a bowl of boiled water, one nest is usually enough for two children.
The sauce for this stir fry is made using a blob of peanut butter and a sachet of creamed coconut, to make something vaguely reminiscent of satay sauce. Not claiming any authenticity here. You can made it veggie or use chicken breast or throw in some sliced leftover roast meat.
- Some veg sliced very thinly - carrot, celery, red pepper, spring onion etc, etc
- A chicken breast or some leftover roast meat or not
- 1 sachet of creamed coconut or a splash of coconut milk if you happen to have a tin open
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 Spice power (You could easily leave this out)
- Maybe a garlic clove if you have one
- Salt and (maybe) white pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok or similar and stir fry the veg and/or meat for a few minutes
- Add the coconut, peanut butter and any other seasonings you're using and a splash of hot water (perhaps from the noodles that are soaking)
- Stir to make a sauce and serve hastily